Natural skincare is all the rage. This is because people are becoming more aware of the hidden toxins and dangers in the cosmetic industry, and the internet is allowing the public to increase their consumer awareness about the benefits of natural products like CBD.
The cannabinoid’s popularity is largely due to its highly publicized supportive wellness benefits. It is commonly sourced from hemp plants and is chemically incapable of rendering the same effects as THC, it’s more infamous cousin compound. CBD is nature’s darling of the skincare market.
At Canzon, we offer many quality CBD oils, balms and creams that support healthy skin. But have you ever considered a DIY CBD topical? Making your own CBD cream is easier than you think. All you need are a couple of bare essentials and a good DIY recipe – just like the one we’ve outlined for you on our latest blog.
DIY CBD Topical
If you’re ready to get your DIY gloves on, let’s get to it.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Kitchen scale
- Grinder (spice or coffee grinder will work well)
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Crockpot (or a double boiler)
- Cheesecloth to strain (or you can use a strainer with a fine mesh)
- Glass containers for your finished product. It is best to use a darker glass, such as amber colored glass reminiscent of beer bottles, to better preserve the topical.
- ¼ cup base oil
- Your preferred amount of CBD oil to add.
Top CBD oil Tip: Use premium CBD oil to ensure you make an effective topical. Canzon CBD oil offers premium quality with the independent lab reports to back it up.
- 1- 1 and a half tablespoons finely chopped beeswax
- ½ tablespoon menthol crystals (This might be tough to find, so it’s fine if you use a few drops of menthol essential oil). This menthol assists with the absorption.
- 3 drops camphor essential oil
- 3 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- ½ tablespoon shea butter
Okay, now that you have everything you need, it’s time to get busy! Here’s how to put all that equipment and ingredients to good use.
- Add your CBD oil to the base oil
- Gently increase the temperature of the CBD base oil using your double boiler or crockpot. The base oil should be warm- not hot!
- Add your shea butter, then your beeswax
- Add the menthol, and give it a good (but gentle) stir.
(Important note: If you are using menthol essential oil, do not add it while it is still warm. Only add the menthol if it is crystal form. Wait for step 5 before adding the menthol if it is an essential oil.)
- Remove the concoction from the heat and allow it to cool to room temperature, or lukewarm.
- Add in the camphor and eucalyptus drops
- Stir it well until you are confident that it is mixed together well
- Pour your creation into your glass jars. It can be helpful to label the jars with the date and remember to keep the jars stored in a dark place, away from direct sunlight and heat.
How to Use the Topical
Most people, when asking how to use the topical, are wondering how much to use. You can use the topical as you would any other cream, lotion or balm. Apply a liberal amount to the area and rub it in until you feel your skin has absorbed it. Apply it as often as you feel you need, but make sure you discontinue using it if you find you are allergic or it irritates your skin.
Why DIY CBD Topical?
While natural skincare may be a trend, it could very well be a lasting one. The skin is the body’s largest organ- and we understand just how important it is to take good care of it.
Because it is the body’s first line of defence, it gets plenty of grief from the environment- whether that is extreme temperatures, pollution, or harmful bacteria. Our skin protects us, and so we should do what we can to protect it, too. The botanical benefits are no longer a secret, and many people are realising just how beneficial nature can be. This is one reason why you should treat your skin to some of nature’s best with a CBD lotion. You can have fun and make this CBD topical at home, or simply browse our store and pick your favourite.
What’s the most important thing to remember when making your own CBD lotions at home? Use premium CBD oil as the ingredient. Make sure that CBD is legal in your area and always check the third party reports before you purchase. This helps you to know exactly what cannabinoids and terpenes are in the product. Also, you can ensure the CBD is free from any harmful residual solvents, pesticides or other harmful chemicals.
Whether you want to make your own CBD cream at home, or purchase CBD oil online, make sure you get a quality product from Canzon. You can also have a look at our independent lab reports to see the full cannabinoid profiles of our products. Check out our website to view more about our products.